I finally finished this box! I bought it many years ago, unfinished, at one of the thrift stores in Tacoma for $1.99 (it still had the price sticker on the bottom lol). Now that I have a craft area set up in the basement I was able to sit down over the period of several days and finish it up. I took all of the hinges off first and then sanded all the wood, wiped it down with a damp cloth, let it dry, and then began to add thin coats of polyurethane. Every day after it dried I would sand a little more, wipe it down, and add another coat of polyurethane. On one of my trips to Hobby Lobby I purchased a pack of 4 antique silver feet, and on another trip to Lowe’s I purchased a can of Rust-Oleum Metal spray paint in gold, and on another trip I bought small gold colored wood nails. I did two coats of gold metallic paint on the feet, hinges, and on the screws that came out of them. Last night I added the little feet and then applied one thick coat of polyurethane to the inside of the box and under the lid. This morning everything was dry so I finished putting it all together. I’m SO proud of how it turned out!!
Two other craft projects that I finished; unfinished tissue box that I painted a peach color, polyurethaned, and added some lace and butterflies.
The third one is a journal that I bought at Staples and then added a cream colored ribbon. I made the bow with the ribbon and added velcro to it so that it would stay closed while in my purse. The velcro is hidden under the ribbon so you can’t see it. I love how this turned out, too!